- 1 1/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 large apples peeled and shredded
- 1 teaspoon maple syrup
- Whipping cream (powder)
- 125 ml milk
- Food coloring
- Arrange a rack in the upper third of the oven and pre-heat to 180°C. Line a cupcake pan with baking liners. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the eggs, brown sugar and granulated sugar until smooth. Whisk in the oil and vanilla. Stir into the flour mixture until just combined; stir in the apples. Spoon the batter into the prepared pan until almost full. Bake until golden and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out dry, 25 to 30 minutes. Transfer to a rack to cool completely.
- In a small bowl add the syrup, whipping cream, milk, some cinnamon and food coloring. Beat until thick. Place it in the fridge to cool.
- After both the cupcakes and the icing has cooled. Put the icing on the cupcakes and enjoy a delicious dessert :).
Adapted from: http://www.rachaelraymag.com/recipes/rachael-ray-magazine-recipe-search/dessert-recipes/caramel-apple-cupcakes